1,000 BOOKS BEFORE KINDERGARTEN SETS CHILDREN ON THE PATH TO SUCCESS . . . ONE BOOK AT A TIME
- Families are invited to join the 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program at the Marquette Community Library.
- The 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program is a nationwide challenge that encourages parents and caregivers to regularly read aloud to their children.
- By reading just one book a night, families can reach the 1,000-book goal in three years and provide their children essential early literacy skills.
- Research shows that the most reliable predictor of school success is being read to during early childhood.
- Reading to children from an early age can help close the vocabulary gap and prepare children to enter kindergarten with the skills they need to succeed.
- Most importantly, sharing books with children promotes a lifelong love of books and reading.
- The 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program is available to all families with children between the ages of birth and five years.
- Registration is open and free of charge. For more information or to sign up, visit the library.